Orlando Bloom

Orlando Bloom

Tuesday, June 10, 2014

My Movie Musings: Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl Symphony

On Sunday afternoon, I went to my local symphony - they preformed the music simultaneously to the first pirates movie, and it was amazing!
It was a really hot day, so it was nice to spend the 2 hours and 45 minutes in a lovely air conditioned auditorium! I was pleased I was able to get tickets for it, just the day before. And even though, we got the second to last row, you could still see the orchestra well, and they had a huge screen to play the movie on, so it really didn't matter that we were up so high. It is a pretty small auditorium anyways. I was so surprised to see so many walks of life there as well, little kids  dressed up in pirate garb, couples, school filed trips, and I'm pretty sure there were a few younger Orli fangirls there too! Anyhow, the music was so fabulous, it felt like you were really there on a ship, with Will and Jack. The music was just so wonderful live, you could pick out almost every instrument; the flute, tambourin, violin, drums ect. It just made the scenes all the more epic, like the first sword fight between Will and Jack, and the drums during Jack's 'hanging'. When they would play the main theme it would just put a smile on your face. It was fun to listen to the audiences reaction during scenes such as when Will imitates Jack's drunken walk, and when the two dorky soldiers storm the ship. And in the final fight sequence at the Ila Da Morta (spelling?) when Captain Barbossa was shot the whole crowd started cheering. And when the credits rolled and Orlando's name came up I yelled, 'Whoo I love you Orlando!' The lady sitting next to me laughed at me, but did say that he is quite good looking. Haha, it just made me feel good to know that there are still a ton of Pirates fans, I mean I know a lot of them are simply fans of the music, but it was cool listening to the movie in a new experience! And finally, when the movie ended and the lights came back on, they replaced the conductor with a skeleton in a tux, holing the same position, which was cute. Overall the music was wonderful, and they did a great job - the only thing I would change is the brochure, instead of a huge picture of Jack, a huge picture of Will, but of course any Orli fan would think that!

No comments:

Post a Comment