Orlando Bloom

Orlando Bloom

Sunday, November 9, 2014

My One Year Faniversary: 365 Days of Loving Orlando

Continuing with my celebration of my one year Orlando faniversary, this post will focus on my letter to Orlando, my fanfiction, and Romeo and Juliet.
     So, soon after I became a huge fan of Orlando, it immediately hit me... I should find his fan mail address and write to him. This was a fantastic idea, I thought to myself. So on Valentines Day, I sat in the library at school and wrote my letter in between my biology and shakespeare class. I can't remember  all of the letter word for word, but it went something like this:
      Hi Orlando!
         So, I don't know if you'll even see this, a mail opener or assistant my see it, but just in case let me give you a little perspective. I am sitting in my college library when I should be reading Act II of The Taming of the Shrew. But I find this to be the perfect opportunity to write to you and to forget about the fact that its singles awareness day. Anyways, I just wanted to say that I think you are a wonderful actor, I have seen all of your movies, and am a huge fan. You were phenomenal in Romeo and Juliet. I can't say I know you, but you seem like such a nice and down to earth person. I just want to thank you for always making my day and making me smile, I wish there was more people like you in this world! I'm going to leave you off with a piece of a Shakespeare sonnet, since I started this letter about Shakespeare and since you did such a great job as Romeo.

"Shall I compare thee to a summer's day? Thou art more lovely and more temperate: rough winds do shake the darling buds of May, and summer's lease hath all too short a date... buy thy eternal summer shall not fade... so long as men can breath or eyes can see, so long lives this , and this gives life to thee." -Sonnet 18
-Katherine M. San Francisco, CA.
So with a lot of hope that I would get my included picture back signed, I put my letter in the mail. I thought it would be a long shot that he would choose my leader to read and respond too, but aproximately 4 months later, on the first day of my summer vacation I got my photo back signed!! He must of really liked what I said in my letter!! To say that I was excited is the understatement of the century. I had just gotten out of the shower, and was in my bathrobe and screaming oh my god with my photo in sign jumping up and down. See my reaction video if you want to see my craziness!
 
Soon after I sent my letter, I decided to write a fanfiction of Legolas, and a character modeled after me, named Katrina. Personally, I think this is the best fanfiction I've ever written. I recently updated it, and it now has 7 chapters. Visit Wattpad.com and search for kmink13 to see my new chapter! But it was so much fun creating a world where I was with Legolas! 
And lastly for the fan month of January, I saw Orlando as Romeo in Romeo and Juliet on Broadway in theaters. Romeo and Juliet is my absolute favorite Shakespeare play, and is one of my favorite love stories. So I was soo incredibly excited when I found out Orlando was playing Romeo. He was so amazing, the facial expressions, how he delivered his dialogue, everything. Even his costume was amazing and so sexy in a subtle way! After seeing him as Romeo, I was even more head over heels! 
 This quote from the One Republic song though, describes my fan girl love for Orlando perfectly! "Cause I'm so devout . 'Til the love runs out... I got my mind made up and I can't let it go."
-OneRepublic Love Runs Out

No comments:

Post a Comment