Orlando Bloom

Orlando Bloom

Tuesday, December 23, 2014

My Hobbit: BOTFA Experience (Today's LOTR/Hobbit Tidbit)

So on Friday, December 19th, I saw The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies, with my group of friends. And oh my gosh, what an amazing and fun experience that was!!! It was soo freakin epic, and I wasn't sure what to expect since I hadn't read the book, but even with the added fight scene, it flowed very nicely. And Legolas, oh my god... he had the coolest, most bad ass fight scenes ever!!! The best of the best of Legolas! I loved how protective and sweet he was with Taurial, and it was so awesome that he stood up to his dad, who eventually came around to the whole Elf, Dwarf love thing. It was so cool to hear a bit of Legolas's backstory, I always wondered what happened to his mom, so that was cool. His fight scenes though, oh my gosh, when he hitched a ride on that bat, and let his arrows fly, (I loved how he actually ran out of arrows, it was always curious to think he never ran out of them in LOTR), then he had to improvise and chuck his sword at the Orc (Bolg I think) who was beating Taurial. I loved how he was hesitiant at first, but he succeeded as always and fought him. Then it was awesome how he continued to fight him on the crumbling stairs and (he was getting a little beat up, it looked kinda of dicey!) But he vanquished Bolg and did an epic backflip as the stairs crumbled away. Then it was cool how his Dad told him he doesn't have to stay in Mirkwood, and can continue to be badass and find a ranger named Strider! So cool, (who would of thought Thranduil was the one that basically started the Legolas/Aragorn friendship!). And it was pretty cool, that everyone started clapping for Legolas after he beat Bolg, (no one else clapped for Thorin or Bilbo). Peter Jackson, made the end flow into the beginning of LOTR perfectly, and when it comes out on DVD, I'll have a Middle Earth marathon, (it may take all day and night lol). And then at the credits, when Orlando's name came up, I shouted, "I love you Orlando, your the best!" People stared but I don't care, because it had to be said and I am a proud Bloomer!!! I also dressed up as Legolas, as best I could, and my friend grew a dwarf like beard lol. And before we saw the movie my best friend gave me my christmas present and it was a Legolas doll, with arrows and a bow and everything! My reaction was pretty priceless, mixed with laughing and crying, the amount of joy I felt when I saw it was incredible. He now watches over me, and I can have Legolas with me forever! Anywhoo, it was a wonderful movie and experience, and I really want to see it again!

No comments:

Post a Comment