Orlando Bloom

Orlando Bloom

Monday, February 10, 2014

My Legolas Fanfiction: Chapter 3

Chapter 3 Sight for Sore Eyes: Katrina and company arrive at Rivendell and Katrina attends the consuel and dinner with Legolas, which makes her fall even harder for the elf prince. *Author's Note: So I know I may have chronological events out of order or incorrect, but this story is about Legolas and Katrina only.*
As we entered the gates of Rivendell I experienced a wave of deja vu. Legolas gently lifted me from his horse, and set me on the ground. I was a bit heavier than your average knapsack, but much shorter than Legolas, a mere 5'5 to his 6'2. "Thank you again, for letting me ride with you. I must admit it was nice to rest my eyes."
"It was no problem at all." His blonde hair danced in the wind, his deep blue eyes smoldered, and my heartfluttered as he smiled at me. I wondered if he thought I was mental. "Are you going to be joing us for the consuel and dinner?" He asked, shaking me out of my reveri. "Well, yes I hope to. But of course I must recieve permission from Elrond first. I've already trespassed on a delicate situation." As soon as my words left my mouth Elrond, looking as young as he would 500 years earlier strolled over to our party. "Aragorn, Legolas we've been expecting you."
"So you recieved our message." Aragorn responded. "Yes, I did. I must confess it makes me quite worrisome to think that Sam and Frodo are going to Mt. Doom alone, without a guide, without protection. But, we must have faith that they will be able to destroy the ring and its power." Elrond shuttered and looked over toward me. "And who is this?" I offered a low bow, "I am Katrina, daughter of Malik. I've come here under the order of the Rohan Daily to record and report on the events that are most signifigantly effecting Middle Earth."
"If I may ask, how many years are you?"
"I'll turn 21 in three months." He must of thought I was an old maid by now. "What an ambitious young lady. I can see that you have great potential within you. You may come to our counsuel and dinner, but you must swear that what you hear remains with only yourself."
"Of course my lord." With that all settled and introductions made, I was showed to my expansive room. The west facing room was strewn with light and had arched windows, intricately carved chandeliers, and sparkeling marble floors. Everything was literally perfect here, the views, the slim ivory colored furniture, and even the people. Especially Legolas; even though he was a swift killer there was a gentilness about him, how he was so conencted to nature, and how he moved his body so gracefully. At times I would often watch him out of the corner of my eye, lovingly stroking his horse, and whispering words to him in elvish. This wasn't good, I was thinking about him again too much. He was always so nice and polite to me, a good companion but I don't think he saw me any differently than that. I knew I shouldn't grow feelings for him; however, as soon as I told myself that it only made me like him even more. Why even lie to myself? I was falling hard for him. I let these thoughts idlessly run through my mind as I drew a bath for myself. The warm water felt so decadant after camping in the cold for so long. Even though I knew it was pointless, I tried to make myself look good for him. I washed my hair with a basin of rose water that was sitting on a shelf next to the deep tub, and used some wonderfully smelling soap of eculyptus and mint. Seeing as it was almost five o' clock, I got out and wrapped myself in a soft towel, wondering what on earth I was going to wear. But to my great delight I noticed that a wide array of clothing was laid out on my bed. Evey piece was beautiful, with fabrics of shimmery silk, and vibrant colors of autumn orange and sappire blue. I chose the sapphire blue dress with a layered skirt, and delicate beading along the neck line. I didn't look as good as the eleven girls but pretty good, the dress exposed my shoulders a bit and complemented my green eyes. Just as I was running a brush through my hair, there was a light knock on the door. I pulled on some leather sandals as I struggled to open the door. "Legolas." I exclaimed stupidly. "You look quite lovely. Are you ready to go down to the counsuel." Heat rushed to my cheeks immediately. "Thank you. I guess I clean up okay then. Yes lets go." We walked down to a brilliant courtyard with wooden benches and all sorts of flowers growing within the cracks of the pave stones. Of course I took a seat next to Legolas and waited for the meeting to begin. Elrond rose, "My friends you now know that Sam and Frodo have left the company of Aragorn, Legolas, and Grimli. He is deteremined to reach Mt. Doom by himself." One elf I didn't have a name for stood up, "Perhaps we should go after him, I find it hard to put so much trust in a halfling."
"No I think we should not. Frodo is afraid that one of us will take it and use the ring for our own advantages. I've seen this fear grow in his eyes more and more. He is unlikey to trust anyone. We must beleive in him."
"That is true Legolas, I don't think that to be wise. The ring cultivates many fears. But wait, where is Boromir?" There was sigh between Aragorn, Legolas and Grimil. Aragorn finally spoke up, "He has departed this world. But he died quite valiantly, saving the lives of Merry and Pippin. And now the enimies are closing in on Gondor, the orks have already started toward Gondor." I could see this troubled both Legolas and Aargorn. I didn't see Boromir's life be taken but I heard the screams of pain and sorrow. The rest of the meeting consited of deciding weather they were going to help Gondor. To my fear Legolas volunteered. The thought of him fighting thousands of orks was not a reassuring feeling to me. Finally it was time for dinner, and we were seated at a long mahogony table. I was forced to sit next to Grimli this time so I daydreamed about playing footsies with Legolas under the table. Doing so, I idotically made a fairly large gash in my hand while cutting my turkey. I managed not to bleed all over the place while everyone finished their dinner, but after Legolas came up to me and said,, "Let me help you with that." Even though I felt like a fool for cutting myself I gladly excepted his help. He gave me a cloth to wrap my hand in while we walked aways down the hall to another room with shelfs of what looked liked medical and herbal supplies. He carefully held my hand hand poured some cool liquid on my hand, wrapping a bandage around my hand. I wasn't really aware of the stinging pain, because I was more aware of how close he was to me. However, the pain got the best of me and I winced. "I'm sorry, I have archers hands. I know they might be a bit rough." I tried to concentrate on my breathing so I wouldn't pass out, his hands were perfect, big strong, and gentle. "It's alright." Our eyes met, I had to concentrate on my breathing even more. There was no one in the room, he face was inches from mine, I wanted to kiss him so badly it hurt. For some reason I had a feeling he would be a secretly good kisser. He rubbed his hand on my arm, "There you go all done. It should heal rather quickly." I sighed, there was no way he would kiss me. "Thank you." I gave a feeble smile, as I was about to get up, but to my utter astonishment he was slowly leaning in. Was this my imagination working over drive? I stayed very still as he placed his hand on my face seeming to test out the experience of it. I closed my eyes and waited as he placed his lips on mine. Right at that moment the door burst open and the moment faded away as quickly as it arose. Of course it was Grimil again, he had singed his eyebrows while smoking. "Do you have anything that will make these grown back?"
"I'm not sure have a look around though."
"Well I guess I better turn in for the night."
"I'll walk you back to your room Katrina, I wouldn't want you getting lost." All I could do was smile in response as we walked up the corridor together.

No comments:

Post a Comment