Orlando Bloom

Orlando Bloom

Sunday, February 9, 2014

My Movie Musings - 'Sympathy for Delicious'

Here begins my new series, 'Movie Musings'. In these blog posts I will give my thoughts and opinions on the Orlando Bloom movies I've seen. I'll also give it a rating 1-4 hearts, based on his acting and overall hotness.
 So last night I watched Sympathy for Delicious, and knowing that it was small film was pleasantly suprised, although I must admit I wished that Orlando had more screen time. Anyways this film was directed by Mark Ruffalo, and written by Christopher Thornton. It was slightly based on true events, as Mark's friend became paralyzed after a hiking accident, and he was encouraged by Mark to continue acting, but found writing to be an easier outlet. Similarly the main character, Dean, or Delicious is paralyzed from a motor bike accident and struggles with living in his car. He was a successful DJ but has a loss of inspiration. He soon finds that he can heal people from blindness and terminal diseases, so a local Father from a homeless shelter brings him in to heal people. Meanwhile, he is discovered by a singer from The Stain's (Orlando) band and she wants him to be in the band for his DJing skills. However, The Stain wants to capitalize on Dean's healing powers to make them popular and wealthy. After a twist in the plot it sends the characters into a spiral of events. As Orlando has mentioned in many of his interviews, this movie does have a lot of heart. It was interesting to see the side of someone living on the streets, seeings the character arcs of this movie were quite interesting as well. Orlando's character Stain was quite different than his usual characters, he was a hardcore, rocker who's wardrobe mainly consisted of ripped shirts or no shirts (yumm). But its a nod to his acting skills, since he can play all types of characters. To summarize, this isn't a movie I would normally pick out to see, seeing as Orlando was in it I decided to watch it and was pleasantly entertained and intrigued.
Sympathy for Delicious - 2010, 96 minutes rated R.
Orlando rating 21/2 hearts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment