Orlando Bloom

Orlando Bloom

Monday, February 24, 2014

My Movie Musings - 'Kingdom of Heaven'

Here is my next installment of 'My Movie Musings'. Over the weekend I watched 'Kingdom of Heaven' the director's cut. I didn't think this film would be as exciting as some of Orlando's other movies, because it was a historical flick. But boy, was I wrong! This was another great movie, and co-starred Liam Neeson and Eva Green as Orlando's princess love interest. Orlando was really good in this, he didn't have that much dialogue compared to his other movies, but a lot of screen time and intense fight scenes! He played Balien of Ibelin, a french blacksmith who is offered to go off with his father to protect the pilgrim roads of Jerusalem, and becomes a fearless knight. All of his characters have so much heart, weather they are an elf, pirate, or young adult, and his character was no different. *If you haven't seen the movie then don't read further, spoilers!*
In the beginning of the film he looses his unborn child and wife, who commits suicide and has lost his way. He decides to go with his father (Liam Neeson) to try and find himself in the Kingdom of Heaven, and repent the sins of his wife and himself. I must admit the film was quite bloody, heads being cut off, blood splattering everywhere, but I am becoming quite use to that, since I've watched the Lord of the Rings. It was a bit dramatic at times, but then again it was a dramatic story to tell. Orlando was so good with the fighting, he most certainly has an upper hand with the sword wielding skill and actiony skills. I'm not sure why him killing people and being all intense is so hot, but it is on him! For a Hollywood action movie, it was historically accurate. I took History of Western Civilization last semester and we studied the crusades for a bit, and I recognized all the names, Saladin, Richard of Lionheart, (at the end of the movie) and the motives for the crusades, which was to protect the Holy land and the pilgrimage roads in the late 1100's. The music was really good throughout the film as well. And the best part of the whole movie was a love scene between Balien and the princess. It was so romantic with the crickets and the background and soooo hot!!!! He did the pick the girl up and makeout against the wall move, which was yumm. And he was shirtless in it and I really don't know how I didn't pass out while watching the scene, but I was quite breathless! My favorite love or kiss scene of Orlando! Overall really good movie, a bit bloody and long, but a cool story and a great Orlando performance!

Kingdom of Heaven - 144 minutes Action and Adventure Rated 'R'
Orlando Rating: 4 Stars 

No comments:

Post a Comment