Orlando Bloom

Orlando Bloom

Thursday, February 6, 2014

My Legolas Fanfiction: Killing Two Birds with One Stone - A Legolas Love Story

Chapter 1 Assignment: A young woman who wants to be a writer and journalist is assigned to follow the fellowship and report on their adventures, while risking her life in order to prove her worth as a woman writer and journalist. Note: Even though journalism probably wasn't a thing then, it's just a story!
In retrospect, this probably was a ridiculous and crazy decision. But then again, I wanted to prove my worth as a good woman journalist. I always loved to write, ever since I was little and now I wanted to be apart of the Rohan Daily, which consisted of all men. Even though most girls my age would normally be fishing for a husband and a nice house to reside in, I wanted to be a journalist, or a princess but that was definately out of the question. The editor in chief of the paper had made a deal with me; if I was able to get permission to follow the fellowship of the ring, report on their progress and adventures, and come back alive to tell the tale, then he would give me the job. However, the odds were stacked against me, as I was only a 20 year old girl, and a pretty normal human. I'm still not really sure why the members of the fellowship allowed me to tag along, I would be extra baggage, a responsibility, and possibly a liability. But if men could do this then there was no reason why I couldn't... even though I had no fighting expertise, and a minimal amonunt of horseback experiece. My parents must of thought me crazy to go on this dangerous journey, but on the other hand the fate of the world was entrusted into two tiney hobbits who had to return a magical and powerful ring. So the whole scenario was crazy to begin with. Everything was pretty boring, riding all day, then making camp and scribbeling away on my parchment, until Sam and Frodo deceided they wanted to finish the journey by themselves. Which in my eyes seemed like a bad idea. Whey set off on your own as a halfling when you had an extremely skilled hunter elf, ranger, and a dwarf with an axe to protect you. However over the past couple of weeks, I had notieced that Frodo was acting very anxious and seemed unsure about something. Perhaps he thought we all would want the ring for ourselves, but I never really felt its so-called power, I merely wanted to write. Consequently I was forced to make a decision, leave with Sam and Frodo and follow them with the ring, which was my real assignment or go with the rest of the fellowship. Faced with this decision, I was standing outside my tent listening to shouts and swords colliding, something had gone awry. I got a glimpse of Legolas pulling out an arrow, and preparing to spring like a cougar. He was exceedingly handsome, with his deep blue eyes, blonde hair that fell along his shoulders in sheets, and was tall and slendor. But I tried to shake those thoughts away, I couldn't make a decision like this based on an elf prince that could not and would not like me back. "Katrina!" Legolas yelled running toward me, "Are you alright?"
"Yeh I'm fine, but whats going on?" His face was flushed and his eyes were bright and worried. "The orks found us, so there was a struggle, they've wandered away now, but Sam and Frodo have gone."
"Their gone! What are they going to do? Surely they won't make it to Mt. Doom and back alive. And I don't know if you really want me to come with you anymore."
"Yes, they left on our boat. And I don't know, it will take near close to a miracle for them to complete the journey. And as for you, I wouldn't want you to have to go back all alone, and I think it would be interesting to see how your story on me would pan out." He gave me a heartmelting smile as I began to take down my tent and get my horse ready for departure.

No comments:

Post a Comment