Orlando Bloom

Orlando Bloom

Sunday, February 16, 2014

My Movie Musings: Romeo and Juliet on Broadway

So today, I saw Romeo and Juliet with Orlando Bloom at the Clay Theatre in San Francisco, and it was f.a.b.u.l.o.u.s!!! I was so excited when they announced that they were going to release it in theatre's so I immediately looked up theatre's around the San Francisco metropolitan area and found the theatre on Filmore Street. Anyways, I went to an 11 o' clock show and it was great that there were no previews before it, since at normal movies theres like 20 minutes of previews, but it got right into the show. Orlando was amazing. I love him even more after seeing this, his acting ability is so amazing, and Condola Rashad was excellent as well! She is one lucky girl!! Anyways, the opening was really cool and intense as promised. I loved the set, how it only had a few props and one backdrop, it really made me focus on the dialogue and the actors. I loved how he came out on the motorcycle, with the fire on the stage that was really cool, an amazingly hot entrance! They did such a good job filming it too, it felt almost live! I also loved their costumes, I liked the modern take on them. Orlando looked so good in those jeans and tee-shirt oh my gosh. He is just so perfect though, his facial expressions and how he delivered the lines. The other characters were also portrayed really well, I especially liked the Nurse, and Mercutio, they added a bit of comic relief to it which was nice, since its such a tragic play. The music throughout it was really wonderful too, it helped make scenes more intense when needed, or more light when needed. Everything flowed quite nicely during the play! Overall it was wonderfully done and Orlando did an amazing, fantastic, breathtaking, and heartfelt Romeo!!!

Romeo and Juliet on Broadway 2014 -135 minutes
Orlando Rating: 4 hearts

No comments:

Post a Comment